1. Family Name
2. Given Name
3. Email address
7. Country of Residence
8. Have you participated in this study before?
9. At what age did you start taking music lessons?
10. On what instrument (including voice) did you begin music lessons?
11. What instrument (including voice) do you currently play most regularly?
12. Check the options that apply to you (please check at least one):
I'm a music student
I'm a professional musician
I'm an amateur musician
I'm a music teacher
I'm a professor/instructor in music at a university or college
I have extensive training in music but I no longer play regularly
I have some training in music but I no longer play regularly
13. Do you have absolute (perfect) pitch? If you answer "no", please don't reply to the remaining questions.
I don't know
14. For which timbre/instrument/voice is it most difficult for you to name the note? Check all that apply (please check at least one).
string instruments (e.g., violin, cello)
woodwind instruments (e.g., oboe, clarinet)
brass instruments (e.g., trumpet, trombone)
Other - please specify:
I don't have any difficulty related to timbre when naming notes
15. Can you sing any pitch without an external reference provided the pitch is in your range?
Yes, I can immediately sing any requested pitch, without an external reference
Yes, after some reflection, I can sing any requested pitch
No, I can't sing a requested pitch without an external reference